Each year the Board approves, based on the recommendation of the leadership team, the term dates for the following year. Approximate dates for subsequent years can be found on the Ministry website.
Generally the practice at Laingholm Primary School is;
- To start as early as possible after Auckland anniversary weekend. As a consequence the Teacher Only Days are usually the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday before the Auckland anniversary weekend. Increasingly these days are dedicated to the start of the Professional Learning and Development (PLD) programme for the year.
- Week 5 of Term 1 is normally the first milestone report in the annual reporting to parents process.
- Week 9 of Term 1 is normally some form of ‘product, performance or presentation’ showcasing the learning from Term 1
- Week 2 of Term 3 is normally the second milestone report in the annual reporting to parents process.
- Week 9 of Term 3 is normally some form of ‘product, performance or presentation’ showcasing the learning from Term 2 and Term 3
- The major end of year reporting process happens during Term 4